Why use trade in the first place?
Trade is a smart, supplemental approach toward growing and operating
your business. Conserving cash is one of the basic principals of business.
As hard as it is to earn, you should safeguard cash for payroll, lease
agreements, equipment and of course, the unexpected. That's where
trade comes in! Joining a trade exchange like James River Trade Exchange
has more benefits than you might have realized.
You can literally trade most anything from a massage or dental
care to vehicle maintenance and web design. For a minimum investment
and commission fees on your trade purchases, your broker at JRTE
will assist you in finding the services and products you need or
want – all through barter.
• Membership in a business network that allows you to move
excess inventory, increase purchasing power, & conserve cash
• Immediate exposure to new customer base
• Access to an established trade network with a projected
volume of $500,000 plus
• The lowest trade commissions in the industry
• Various levels of participation
• Tailor-made membership program
• An open membership exchange – we publish our list
• A unique way to offer employee benefits, incentives, rewards
• Representation in various business networks
• Media advice and counsel
• Recordkeeping of all your barter transactions
• Automatic billing and monthly statements
• 1099 B statements
• Co-op Advertising Trade Reimbursement Program
• A JRTE member card
• A JRTE transaction receipt book
• Free custom member profile page on JRTE site
• A mass email announcing your membership to other JRTE members
• A listing on the JRTE website membership page
• Weekly JRTE Email Alerts and Updates of new member, events,
• A JRTE monthly newsletter
• A promotional insert one-sheet in monthly billing statement
• An email announcement to members per quarter.
• JRTE networking opportunities
• Quarterly JRTE social mixers
• Free training for your staff/employees
How can you use trade to garner new cash business?
There are several ways: Use trade dollars to advertise your product
which brings in cash customers. Market your business with a direct
mail campaign, flyers, or signage for events, store locations or
in-store visibility. Use your trade dollars to design promotions
by trading out door prizes, dinners, trips, etc. Have a website
designed or have an ad campaign created distinctively for your business.
Hire a caterer or a promotional company on trade to show appreciation
to your clients or customers with a special event or party, strengthening
loyalty and solidifying relationships to ensure future business
as well as referrals.
What makes our trade company different than others?
There are many differentiating qualities that set us apart. Unlike
some trade exchanges, our membership is open, meaning JRTE members
are listed on our website. JRTE promotes your business on its website
and other mediums. JRTE designates an experienced broker to partner
with our members, assisting with trades as well as managing trade
accounts. Whether you trade once a week or only once per quarter,
JRTE will develop a program designed specifically for you and your
business. Through sophisticated software, JRTE tracks and monitors
your trade transactions (sales and purchases), keeps precise accounting
records and generates monthly statements as well as yearly1099B
reports for the IRS as well as a copy for your files. We host several
social events throughout the year bringing together our members
and guests providing networking opportunities.
Click here for more information and
specific details on how to join James River Trade Exchange